The Starting Block has a brand new meat processing kitchen for start-up and small meat producers. We are proud to offer the first and only USDA-inspected meat processing incubator facility in the state, and one of the only in the country. Clients can use the facility to produce products such as jerkies, sausages, and meat-filled products.
To ensure FSIS (Food Safety Inspection Service) standards, the meat facility is located in a separate building adjacent to our current Starting Block building with separate rooms for meat production and packaging. Guidance is available for prospective meat producers to develop required, individual HACCP plans before beginning production.
Follow and complete the steps on The Starting Block Meat Processing Application Guide.
The steps include:
1. HACCP Plan (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) completion and review.
2. Have completed label reviewed.
3. Food and Equipment Safety and Sanitation Introduction at The Starting Block.
- Fill out Starting Block Orientation Packet.
- Meet with Kitchen Manager.
4. Obtain proof of insurance.
5. Key deposit of $10 per key.
6. Notify USDA inspector of production dates.
7. Schedule time to use the kitchen!
Stainless Steel Work Tables