If you are looking for a fully equipped, shared commercial kitchen to get your product started in, we are the place for you! The Starting Block offers three commercially licensed shared-use kitchens to meet your processing needs. Come talk to us about how your favorite recipe can become a profitable, wealth-creating business.
The large kitchen is fully equipped to meet processing needs, the small kitchen can be used for small scale production, and the third kitchen can be converted for a variety of processing needs such as cheese making, drum drying, or a bottling facility.
Attention Artisan Cheesemakers: The Starting Block now has the capacity for cheesemakers to create artisan cheeses using our new Vat Pasteurizer and Peristaltic Pump!
Follow and complete the steps on
The Steps include:
1. Have completed label reviewed.
2. Food and Equipment Safety and Sanitation Introduction at The Starting Block.
- Fill out Starting Block Orientation Packet.
- Meet with Kitchen Manager.
3. Obtain a Michigan Department of Agriculture Food Establishment License.
4. Complete FDA Registration of Food Facilities.
5. Obtain proof of insurance.
6. Key deposit of $10 per key.
7. Schedule time to use the kitchen!
4 Convection Ovens
Six burner range
2 40-gallon Steam Kettles
60 and 20 quart Hobart Mixers
Volumetric Dry Filler
Stainless steel work tables
Pots, pans, mixing bowls and many other smallwares
Please note that this list does not contain all of the smaller pieces of equipment that we have to offer, and as we often aquire new equipment this list is always getting longer. If you are looking a specific piece of equipment and do not see it on this list, feel free to contact us.